Wednesday, January 28, 2009

25 Things About Me

I wrote 25 random things about me on Facebook and thought I'd share it on here. These are definately random...but maybe you'll learn more about me. Enjoy!

1. I like music. Piano, Singing, Listening. But I don't like Rap.
2. France is gorgeous in May. There are so many flowers everywhere.
3. I lived in 35 places before I graduated from high school.
4. I don't like really hot weather, but have gotten used to Kansas summers.
5. I like the snow, but not scraping windows.
6. My first car was a VW '68 Type 3 station wagon that had an oasis mural painted on the glove box. It was given to me. The guy said if you can get it to run, you can have it. A guy in my ward fixed it. The heat came from the heat of the engine. And the air conditioning came from opening the little window by the big window and pointing it at you so the air could blow in. My friend learned how to drive a stick in that car and almost killed us. Good times... :)
7. My 2nd car was a VW Rabbit convertible that didn't like cold weather. M-A's dad would come over every morning in the winter and jump-start my car. (Bless him!) Then I would drive to work with the window rolled down because there was no defroster and the windows were all iced over or fogged up. I'm amazed I'm alive considering the first 2 cars I had!
8. I like to talk to my friends, but am very quiet around people I don't know.
9. I don't like social gatherings with people I don't know very well. It makes me feel uncomfortable. I'm not good at striking up random conversations.
10. I like playing myFarm on Facebook--thanks a lot Lani :) But I don't like video games at all (not good at them)
11. I LOVE Mexican food. Per's homemade Guacomole, my chicken Enchiladas, Tacos, Fajitas, Espinaca and pretty much anything from Jose Peppers.
12. I love to read non-fiction, personal development books, and the scriptures. I'm not into fictional novels...especially love stories.
13. I've been a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints all my life. My great+ Grandfather, Alpheus Gifford, joined the church in 1830, he knew Joseph Smith, and baptized Heber C. Kimball and served 3 missions. The church has been in my family thru the generations. That means a lot to me.
14. I do not drive right now thanks to having "moments" related to having MS. A moment is where I freeze up for about 5-6 seconds, can't move or talk. I thought I could "work thru" these moments and keep doing what I was doing and this has resulted in me falling twice (boo) I really miss driving.
15. I really love scrapbooking but it takes me too long to do a page so I've given it up :) But I still really like it.
16. I won a bowling tournament when I was 12.
17. I can remember events of my childhood really well. Lots of funny memories with my sister, Lani. I will say "remember that?" to my extended family and most of the time they don't. I would like to write these memories down and hear what everyone else's memories are on the same event/subject.
18. My sister, Lani, and I were good friends growing up. We lost touch in our 20's and now I talk to her almost every day. I love my sister, she's a good friend.
19. I married my boyfriend from high school, and the only guy I've ever kissed. He was a Swedish exchange student my JR year and was very mysterious and gorgeous. His cologne was to die for! My friend and I used to watch him eat, we called him "Jaw" because he had this little muscle on his Jaw that you could see when he ate. He also played soccer and had lots of leg muscles. I could go on, but he has a facebook account too and will get all embarrassed. I still get all tingly when I think about it (or him).
20. I've lived in KS for 18 years and love it. KS is home.
21. I served in the primary presidency (children's organization) at church for 3+ years with Marjean, Denise and Donna and to this day we are still the best of friends and do stuff together. I love those girls! We had a great time serving together and I must say some pretty good primary programs too :)
22. I would love to go on and on about the details of each answer but you'd probably get bored. That's why I have a journal (many journals), so I can "talk" as much as I want :) I've been keeping journals since I was 10, and it really is good therapy :)
23. I am not athletic at all. And I mean at all. Nor am I coordinated. I trip over myself doing Richard Simmons. It's okay-I've embraced my inner self :)
24. I took voice lessons for a year+ about 3 years ago. One of those life goals, and I was glad for the experience. I've always loved to sing but wanted to develop my voice more and it was accomplished. It's amazing what warming up does! :)
25. I'm pretty laid back. I love people and if I could go back to school I would take Psychology and become a therapist.

No comments: