Saturday, June 12, 2010

The Lovgren Family in Sweden


This is Per's family: Tore, Monika, Ann-Sofie, and Nils. They all live in Sweden, and we live here, 3,000 miles away in the U.S, in Kansas. I like to visit them in Sweden, but we only go every couple of years because it's expensive. We usually have to take 3 or 4 airplane rides to get there (Kansas to Minneapolis to Vienna to Stockholm) then it's another 4 hours from Stockholm to their home in Väse. The entire trip takes about 24 hours and their home is 7 time zones ahead of what we're used to, so we have jet lag when we get there.

I wish we were going to see them this year. We haven't been to Sweden since 2008 when we picked Bryan up from his mission in France. I can't believe it's already been two years since we've seen them. Per went to Sweden for a few days last year when he went to Europe on a business trip but I haven't seen them for a couple of years. I wish I could get to know them better but it's hard to do because we don't speak the same language. Even so, we are still family and I miss them. I miss the smell of Sweden and the smell of their home. I miss Monika's yummy food and Nils playing golf outside with my guys. I miss sleeping there and waking up to the sound of wind rustling through the trees and birds chirping. Most of all, I miss the four of them.

I hope we take a trip there soon. Until then, at least I have pictures and memories.

No comments: