Sunday, July 04, 2010

My Trip to Utah

I went to Utah for two weeks in June to stay with my sisters. I stayed one week with Lani and one week with Maile. Andrew also went to visit Bryan. (I couldn't have gone without his help, so thank you Andrew!) Also, I stayed with mom for two days and saw my brother, Ken, which was nice.

Mom and me on Mom's front porch
Bryan surprised Andrew with a trip to California the day after we got there. Andrew had no idea until Bryan couldn't take it anymore and spilled the beans. He told Andrew that he had a confession. He said he was tired and they were going to stay the night in Las Vegas and go to Cali the next day. Andrew just kept saying "are you serious?" and Bryan mentioned it being "sweet."

Andrew and Bryan in Cali
I told my sisters that they didn't have to entertain me and that I just wanted to blend into their lives. I had a lot of fun talking to them and "blending" :) My first week there, I went to church and afterward had lunch with Uncle Carl and Aunt Leonette Clark. (He isn't really my uncle, he's mom's first cousin, and my first cousin once removed, but my siblings and I have always called him uncle Carl, so that's what he is to me.) I had a really great time visiting them.

Aunt Leonette and Uncle Carl
One of the highlights of my trip was the day Lani got a slip 'n slide for her little girls who are 6 and 3. The first time they tried it, they ran, jumped, and...stuck,no sliding! It was so funny! They finally got the hang of it and had a blast getting wet. I'm so bummed I didn't take any pictures, I was too busy watching I guess!

Sophie
Claire and Lani
Another favorite highlight was when Maile took me for a ride up American Fork Canyon. We drove up to Tibble Fork Lake with the windows down. Tibble Fork is a man-made lake that's really a dam. People seemed to be having a good time picnicking, fishing and playing in the water up there.

I loved this ride. I really enjoyed talking to Maile. The quaint two lane road really let me enjoy the canyon. I could smell and hear the river as we drove. The barbecues smelled so good! This is the first time I've ever stayed with Maile, and I really enjoyed getting to know her - we are a lot a like!

Maile
This will probably be my last trip out to Utah unless I feel better, but I'm glad I got to spend some time with my family. Now it's their turn to come and see me in Kansas!

1 comment:

McLani said...

Aw....

It was great to spend time with you, Jade. I got so use to seeing you every day and talking all the time. Now you're gone and I miss you.

xoxo