Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The Demise of My Book

I wanted to write a book about my life as a mother so I started writing about Per, being a teen mother and single mother, and now I have no desire to finish. I realized a lot of things while writing like: 1) I AM a writer 2) I love Per and am glad to have him in my life 3) I didn't need to go through pregnancy alone, Per's mom really cared and would have taken care of me 4) Per loved me the five years I was a single parent but I told him in a letter when I was pregnant to leave me alone, so he did 5) I didn't need to be alone for five years, as soon as I wrote to Per, he came back.

The rest of the book takes place in my married life. I don't want to throw my family under the bus which is what the other chapters would do. I am not a perfect person and heaven knows I have not been a perfect parent, but as I have learned better I've become better.

No comments: