Monday, August 09, 2010

Utah

I was born and raised in Utah and my family still lives there. I recently visited my family for two weeks in June and stayed with one sister then the other, each for a week.

I am also Mormon and love my religion but didn't do anything religious while I was there (except go to church one time) because the rest of my family is not religious and doesn't want anything to do with Mormons.

When I came home a friend of mine said her daughter went to Especially For Youth (EFY) at BYU-Provo with lots of other teenagers. My friend loved how there was a Deseret Bookstore and a Mormon distribution center right there! Another friend talked about how many temples there were in Utah and how easy it was to go to them. Another friend just posted her vacation pictures on Facebook. The thumbnail pic was of them standing in front of the Christus at Temple Square.

I think all these things are cool and want to be excited about going to each of them and just be the Mormon that I am. The problem I have is that my extended family lives there and those things aren't fun to them. (At least I have my own family who will do those things with me and will think it's cool.) I want to go to Utah and be happy about being a Mormon and do Mormon things. Next time, I guess I will.

1 comment:

Mom said...

I'm here and still love doing Mormon things. I wish you and I could have spent more time checking out all the fun stuff and sights. Love ya, Mom