Saturday, January 29, 2011

I am Valiant

I think this world is going to continue to go downhill, morally. In the 80's, when I was young, my generation was told we were a valiant generation and 'the best'. Now I'm older and there are generations after me and I find myself asking 'how am I valiant?' It occurs to me that it's not because of something I've done but the way I am that makes me valiant. I might not be called to 'do' anything valiant in my lifetime, but the values and morals I have and what I teach generations after me make me valiant. I am preparing the generations that follow with good values and morals so that they can 'do'.

Some people in this world, who also happen to have leadership positions, have terrible morals. Some are greedy and some want power. I wonder what has happened to doing the right thing -for no other reason than because it's the right thing. Some people have become secular and create their own laws of what is right and wrong to suit them. Even though they think things are right, they are clearly wrong. Some people have intentions other than what they say. This makes me untrusting because I don't want to be tricked. I want to trust them and know they will do the right thing. But in this day and age they don't have honor and can't be trusted.

The adage "one bad apple spoils the bunch" is so true. Not everyone is a bad apple but the good ones are next to the bad ones and therefore I have to consider them all bad until I see they aren't by their actions. This is sad because it doesn't give the good ones the chance to learn from their mistakes and weaknesses. The good ones have to take the high road and do what's right or not be trusted. However, I remember the good ones are born in this day and age when good and bad have been turned up-side-down. I also believe they are equipped with the ability to do what is right.

I am optomistic about good people, but face life with my eyes open and realize that not everyone is valiant.

No comments: