Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Is That What I Sounded Like?!

Look what I found! A music CD of four songs I recorded six years ago as a Christmas gift for Bryan when he served his mission in France. The first song is sung in French. I hired the French teacher at Andrew's junior high school, for a couple of hours in the evening every day for a week, to teach me to pronounce the words correctly. Then I took my friend (who accompanied me on the piano) to a recording studio where I sang all these songs. It was a fun experience for both of us! I know that a CD is small, but it represents many hours of work as well as my love for my son. Click here for the song.

The second song is music that my friend gave me a few years ago. I sang this song numerous times as it seemed to fit the range of my voice. Click here for the song. The third and fourth songs are ones I've known for 30 years. I sang them in duets many times. They bring back many happy memories! Click here or here for the songs.

Now that MS has changed my voice and caused me to no longer sing, I hear these songs and ask, is that what I sounded like? I never liked hearing my voice but it doesn't bother me now that I don't sing. Music (singing, playing the piano) was a big part of my life. 

I still love to hear great music! I have an appreciation for it and know some things intimately. I think I'll always love to hear singing. I love instrumental music too but I love hearing voices most. 

Shortly after getting sick, I sat at the piano thinking about what a bummer it was that I could no longer sing and play. A thought in my mind reassured me that I'd be able to do it again in heaven. At that moment I knew that even though I'd no longer have those skills on earth they'd be restored to me eventually; somehow I felt okay with that. From that time forward to now I haven't/and don't feel a longing desire that can never be satisfied to sing and play-I'm not sad. Granted, I don't do things that could lead to me feeling upset and I'm okay with waiting because I know I won't have to wait forever.

Back to my CD. Isn't it a great thing to have?!

2 comments:

Tiffany Vandeman said...

You are so amazing Jade. You are my inspiration in so many ways. Your attitude regarding your MS is surprisingly positive considering what a horrible disease it is. Thank you for sharing not only your gift of music but your faith that you have not lost it, only set it on the shelf until the restoration. I love you so much friend.

Jade Lovgren said...

Love you too, Tiffany :)