Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Finishing is What Matters

Starting is easy, but then I get distracted when almost done and start something else. "Finish the first thing before going to the next thing" I tell myself.

Personal experience: I had just one thing left to do but moved on and thought to accomplish it later. My next thing overwhelmed me and felt hard. Yesterday, the thought crossed my mind to finish the first thing before going any further with the next thing. This morning (before doing anything else,) I finished the first thing. That project has no loose ends, and I'm so happy!

Lots of philosophical thoughts cross my mind now that it's done. (When looking back I see conclusions.) But not everyone is philosophical like me and I give them a break from my thoughts. Sufficiently said, "Finish the first thing before moving on."

No comments: