Monday, August 22, 2011

The Environment

I was reading some Neal A. Maxwell quotes yesterday. He's a person I greatly admire. He basically said that we should take care of the earth and not abuse it. We should leave the earth beautiful for future generations, etc., etc. I thought I do care about the Environment but it makes me mad that now it's more than that. The idea now is that if you care about the environment, you also believe in climate change and a bunch of other stuff. I don't support that ideology. Politically speaking, that's liberal thinking.  I'm not a liberal but a conservative. Its too bad that these days caring about the environment means more than just caring about the environment. There are probably a lot of conservative people who think like me. They care about the environment but don't want to be forced to care. They probably also don't want to be forced to care about things in which they don't believe.

No comments: