Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Violence in the Middle East

Yesterday felt somber to me. The memory of 9/11 and all those who died touched my heart and caused me to feel sad. Today I learned that four Americans were killed yesterday at U.S. embassies in the Middle East. While in America, we mourned the loss of those who lost their lives, people in Cairo and Lybia killed Americans as well as burned and tore apart the U.S. flag. Why do we help them when for decades they have hated us?! The news is infuriating to hear. Just because we aren't yelling and shooting guns in the street doesn't mean we aren't passionate!! But, it does mean we're civilized.

Americans wouldn't have a bias toward Arabs if they didn't do things like this! The Arabs are causing the bias by their actions. 

I feel further infuriated when the leaders of my country apologize to the Arabs! Are the Arabs apologizing to us because they killed our people? No! And yet we bow down to them time and time again so they won't hurt us! They are being bullies! I think we need to be the tough country we should be!!!

No comments: