Monday, January 26, 2009

Dresser Restored

I finally have something to blog about! My friend, Nicole, told me about this product called "Restor-A-Finish" to refinish my kitchen cabinets. I bought the "maple-pine finish" and tried it on one of our cabinets and it was too dark (boo) so I thought I'd try it on my pine dresser. Wow! It restored it like new, so I thought I'd post some pics so you could see!
Here's what my dresser looked like before. The first drawer has been refinished (I didn't think about taking a pic until I had done one drawer!) But notice the nicks in drawer 2 and down. The curtains were open so there's more sunlight in the room on this pic.
Now look at the dresser all restored...it looks like new, doesn't it?! (Now the curtains are closed so the dresser looks darker..but it's the same one :)
Here's another picture, isn't that fabulous?! I can't wait to do the other dresser I have which is worse. (When Andrew was 5 or so, he and his friend "engraved" their names into the other dresser...so it is really banged up..it wasn't funny at the time) I waited for a few days before posting this to see if the finish would wear off and the knicks would come back, but now it's day 3 and the dresser looks just like these pics. I am in love with this product. It only took me about 30 minutes to do this project. I wore rubber gloves and used an old rag and that's it. It's my first time doing something like this, so I'm not a pro...that says even more about how easy this is. If I can do it, anyone can!

3 comments:

McLani said...

That is sooo cool! That dresser looks amazing ... like new! You can't een tell its the same dresser. I can't wait to find that product and try it.

Glad to see your starting a blog! :)

Kay said...

OMG! First may I say, what a handsome family, then I must add....where are the REAL Andrew and Brian? Those are not the boys I last saw. I know for a fact that your baby is a little guy who looks just like you and so much shorter. Did you rent those two?

So happy to see you blogging. You ambition critter you; refurbishing furniture. Really? Are you nuts? That's like REAL work! It's beautiful, and I love your creative idea of putting the family initials in it.

I keep track of you all the time through Colette, and of course have sent gobs of positive thoughts for you into the universe and beyond. You're such a super person and a kind soul and I know your future will be grand, no matter what life tosses at you. Love, Mama Kay

Kiwimommy said...

That looks FANTASTIC!! You are so multi-talented. Always have beenn. xo