Sunday, August 12, 2012

Grateful For the Simple Things

Something simple makes me as happy as something complicated. I find pleasure in anything that brings me joy. Today, the simple thing is my mattress. Let me fill you in... I've thought many times I love my bed because I've felt comfortable when I've laid on it. Recently, my back began to ache because I waited too long to flip my mattress. Per flipped it for me but it didn't help, so, a few days later, I asked him to flip it another way. This time, after I slept on it, my back felt better. So good, in fact, that I went back to bed a second time and got some much needed rest. Once again, I awoke thinking I love my bed. My back still hurts, but I know It'll get better.

I am thankful for solutions to problems. I know that my husband is too, because I'm not crabby when a solution is found. I feel sad that I get crabby when faced with something that brings me pain. (I wish I had a nicer temperament when facing that kind of situation. It's not fair that I take my frustration out on the people I love because I know they are only trying to help.) Back to my bed, I can say with assurance that my husband is happy that I love it again.

No comments: