Friday, October 26, 2012

Doing What I Want

I do what I want during the day. If I want to go on the computer, or read, or do something else, I do it. I'm not confined to a chair and at the mercy of others. I may move slowly, but at least I have the freedom to do what I choose. Sometimes all I want to do is watch TV, but I don't do it every day. Other times, I go outside to the car, go somewhere with friends, or look at pretty things on rides. When I think about what I can do, I feel grateful that I have the mobility to do things.

Sometimes I read on Facebook that someone feels sorry for themselves. I know that some people struggle with depression too. I think people get down because something isn't happening the way they want. I believe that if they counted their blessings and realized what they have (even if it's not quite what they want,) they would feel better.

Today, I thought I'm like a baby. I just eat, drink, and sleep. Maybe I see that thought when I look at the the surface. But when I look below the surface and evaluate it, I realize it's not true. I do many more things than a baby; I just think that thought because I don't do what I once could. I do things differently now but that doesn't mean I do nothing. I do what I can, and don't sweat the small stuff.

No comments: