Wednesday, November 07, 2012

It's OK; I still have hope

Part of me wants to sulk because my candidate didn't win yesterday. Part of me wants to say "its not fair!" and call people cheaters. But that's the natural man talking. I want to think beyond the negativity and have Godly thoughts.

I don't want to sink into a depression but rise with the optimism of a bright tomorrow. (Don't get me wrong, I don't think the optimism lies in the hands of our newly elected president. I just realize the truth, acknowledge that American's have spoken, and think it is what it is.) All I can do is work on becoming the best me possible. If I truly believe in forgiveness, mercy, and love, I will extend those things to everyone. It's hard to do - especially to the people to whom I don't think deserve it - but it necessary so that I don't get a bitter heart.

I won't hold a grudge against people who think differently than me. I will focus on the things we have in common not what we don't. My actions will say that I bring together not divide. 

1 comment:

Mom said...

Well put. I was pretty down last night but then decided I can choose how I want to feel. I turned off the TV and put on Christmas music and went to bed. This morning I thought, "wow, what do I do now?" I decided to think positive and create a new future for myself; after all, I live in America, I can do that. So, it's a new dawn. . . a new day. I feel good. And, one last thing... Thomas S Monson is still President and Jesus is King!
...MOM