Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Learning Something

I don't have a degree, but I've read many books written by people who do. They have deeply contemplated and researched the things they've written and their words have enriched my life. I have sought to learn from the best books and have found much information. Not all books are good and I rely on my heart to tell me to keep reading or not. If I feel good, I keep reading whereas if I feel bad, I put the book down. Sometimes I pick up a book and feel an impression tell me 'that book is not for you' so I put it down. Maybe the impressions sound hokey, but I listen and know they benefit me in some way.

There are many things to learn. I read what interests me and what will benefit my life in some way. Sometimes I want to relax and not think so I read a novel that allows me to escape into the author's world. Sometimes I want to learn so I read something that teaches me. Sometimes I want to be inspired so I read something uplifting. Whether I read a book, a magazine, or the TV guide, the information enters my mind and I must decide to keep or ignore what I've read.

(A great chapter is in the book: Teachings of Presidents of The Church Brigham Young. It's chapter 27 called Learning by study and by faith. Click here to go to this book.)

No comments: