Monday, May 06, 2013

Sleeping In

I now know that it is impossible, where I live, to sleep in for these reasons: 1) The construction trucks (building a grocery store down the street, and widening the road behind my house) are quite loud and beep a lot, 2) Telemarketers call my phone (even though it's on several 'do not call' lists. Luckily, it doesn't ring in my room, but I can hear it ring in the kitchen and it still wakes me up,) and 3) People run lawn mowers. It's a musical symphony outside! Basically, it's not quiet.

My bedroom window is open because when the thermostat says 'heat', it gets really warm in my room (I'm talking REALLY warm!) I like my room to be cool (in the lower 60's) so 78 degrees, even with the ceiling fan on, isn't going to cut it! The noise outside is even more clear with my bedroom window open. Those three things weren't the first noises I heard this morning; the birds won when they started chirping at 530am. (Did you know that birds chirp at 330 in the morning? I thought their nest was in a nearby tree, but recently learned that it's in the gutter on my roof...by my bedroom window! Good times :)

I have a feeling that the majority of these noises are only going to be more prevalent as the weather warms. What will I do? Not sleep in!

No comments: