Monday, August 11, 2014

Making Lemonade out of Lemons

I'm an extremely light sleeper - the slightest thing awakens me. Thanks to MS my night now includes insomnia - where I'm awake for two hours (at least) after getting awakened. Sometimes my body wakes me up and I lay in my bed thinking I'm not gonna get up because if I do then I'll wake up every day at this time. Sometimes a noise awakens me then my body tells me, "Get up." Again, I think I'm not gonna get up... (No matter what wakes me my thought is also, annoying!)

Last night a noise awoke me at 2:55, and I stayed awake until 5:15. During my awake time (after thinking annoying! and I'm not gonna get up...) my thoughts turned to my YW's lesson this month (I'm teaching in two weeks). While laying there completely awake, ideas ran through my mind about what to teach. By the time I went back asleep my entire lesson was planned.

It's super annoying to be awake for hours in the middle of the night. (My mind isn't blank when I'm awake but is full of thoughts.) At least this time while awake my thoughts got used and not wasted. I'm grateful I had a productive mind last night.

No comments: