Tuesday, April 10, 2012

I Will Never Stop Hoping

Sometimes people don't choose what I would. My heart has been broken and I've felt discouraged many times but I comfort myself by remembering 'that is what they choose today and I hope they'll choose differently tomorrow.'

Sometimes all I can do are two things: 1) pray that they'll choose the good thing and 2) think good things about them. I never stop loving them just because they choose something I wouldn't but it's hard to love someone who chooses something else. My human nature wants to punish, turn away from, and be mad at them. But what would that do? (Other than them not talking to me because I pushed them away.) I don't want them to be out of my life even though they broke my heart, therefore, I choose to be nice to them.

I hope that one day they'll choose better.

Some people do things differently than me. It's hard to think the best instead of the worst because thinking the best means I trust them. That's hard for me because I'm not very trusting. I question motives and tend to think the worst. When I do that, people probably think I'm mean and  don't want to talk to me. All I can say is that it's not because of them but because of my lack of trust that causes me to act this way.

I hope that one day I'll choose better.

Those two scenarios tell me that no one is perfect and that hoping for the best is a good thing.

No comments: