Sunday, April 08, 2012

He is Risen!

Easter is definitely my favorite holiday. I love it because I'm thankful  for three things, namely that Jesus Christ suffered for my sins, that He willingly gave his life on the cross, and that He rose from the tomb.

His resurrection gives me hope that one day I will be resurrected too. I  believe that when I die, my body will be buried in the ground but my spirit will go to heaven. If Jesus hadn't been resurrected and hadn't overcome death, then when I died that would have been it - my body and spirit would have gone to the grave. Thanks to His resurrection, my spirit can now go to heaven.

What a gift! Thank you Jesus for doing that for me. "I stand all amazed at the love Jesus offers me" is part of a song that my church sings and is how I feel today.

I am a Christian even though some people say that I'm not. They say that Mormon's aren't Christians for various reasons but I know that I am. I believe in Jesus Christ; that He's the Son of God; and that He will return again to rule the earth. I believe what Christian's believe and celebrate Jesus Christ today.

The Bible says Jesus said: "I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live" (John 11:25). All human beings were dead. Lucifier said to Eve that she would not die when she ate the forbidden fruit but he lied. Adam and Eve ate the forbidden fruit and brought death upon themselves and us. We needed someone who could break the bond of death and that's what Jesus Christ did. He overcame death and we will too: meaning that when we die we will go to heaven instead of just going to the grave.

Jesus said: "I lay down my life, that I might take it again; No man taketh it from me but I lay it down myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again" (John 10: 17-18). He did what he said he would and it makes me believe the other things He said. He never said 'because I was resurrected, so shall you,' but throughout His life He talked about how people would go to heaven. For example, He said "In my Father's house are many mansions. I go there to prepare a place for you" (John 14:2) and He told the thief on the cross "Today thou shalt be with me in paradise" (Luke 23:43). If people didn't go to heaven He never would have indicated such a thing.

I'm thankful for Jesus Christ's example. I want to emulate him and am thankful that his life is documented in scripture. I feel grateful that he suffered for my sins in Gethsemene, died on the cross at Calvary, and rose again.

No comments: