Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Another Great Poem

A Time to Talk
By Robert Frost

When a friend calls to me from the road
And slows his horse to a meaning walk,
I do not stand still and look around
On all the hills I haven't hoed,
And shout from where I am, What is it?
No, not as there is a time to talk.
I thrust my hoe in the mellow ground,
Blade-end up and five feet tall,
And plod: I go up to the stone wall
For a friendly visit.

This picture by Susan Wheeler seems to fit the poem so well:


To me, there's nothing better than a friend; especially one who will stop what they're doing and talk to me. I try not to interrupt them but when I do and they give me regard, their action says volumes and makes me feel special. I love people. I consider everyone my friend - whether or not we have differences. I'm thankful to have friends who travel the journey of life with me so I'm not alone.

No comments: