Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Choices, Choices, Choices - What Will I Choose?

Every action is a choice between indulgence and sacrifice. Will I have it now or later? If it doesn't make it better by waiting, why not have it now? But if waiting makes it better, why not wait? One of the things Per says most is, "He who waits for something good never waits too long". I love that statement and change "something good" to "the best". I want the best and am willing to wait to have it.

Per and I are planning a trip in 2015. I have a goal to lose a certain amount of weight by the time we take our trip. I get enticed to have yummy food now, but I know that if I don't have it now I'll be happy later. I want to be happy next year and not regret that I didn't stick to my goal. Therefore when I get enticed, I think of what I want and don't cave, and stay on track to get it. 2015 will come whether or not I try to reach my goal. I'm willing to sacrifice now to be happy then.

No comments: