Thursday, January 09, 2014

Does Every Cloud Have a Silver Lining?

My Challenge
It's taken me five years to get through the "this sucks" phase of dealing with life with MS. I've accepted my reality (that I have MS) because my life with MS feels more normal than my life without MS. Don't get me wrong, from time to time I still recall what I used to do, the difference is that now I realize "it is what it is" and don't get bummed.

MS threw me for a loop. My life did not go in the direction I thought it would. But here's the good thing - I didn't get defeated! I didn't let the crummy disease take over my will and my mindset and make me an eternally bitter person. My challenge caused me to think negatively for a while but not permanently. (I needed some time to figure out, "What do I do now?") Something big happened to me that turned my life upside down, and it took me a while to re-discover myself. But a bad situation also caused me to discover many good things about myself - including some things that I wouldn't acknowledge.

Thoughts on Challenges
Hard things happen to everyone. The key is that when I don't get defeated but instead learn from the hard thing, I end up knowing so much more than just knowing that I face something hard. 

How I Look at Life
I'm an optimist who would rather focus on blue sky and sunshine than on clouds. I love life, and realize that I can work on developing qualities and skills even when I have a challenge. I'm like water, if I can find a way to do it I will.

What is the Focus?
No longer do I feel like lamenting - thank you for listening to me. Now, I want to focus on the silver linings; the good that comes from facing hard things. To answer my question, does every cloud have a silver lining? Yes.

1 comment:

Jade Lovgren said...

Aww, Tiffany! I'm glad I could inspire you.