Friday, July 26, 2013

Choosing Hope Not Sadness

When I feel bummed, I think "at least this." For example, I felt bummed that I can't speak well enough that my friend understands me...instead of feeling sad I thought, at least I can talk! Life isn't fair. I felt sad about many things today - things that if I focused on them, they would bum me out. I had to consciously choose to feel happy rather than sad today, and the 'at least' statement helped me do that. I counted my blessings; I thought about how at least it was this and not as bad as this.

I believe that the enemy wants me to be sad; he wants me to feel bummed. He doesn't want me to have hope, he wants me to say, "this sucks" and to see the worst. He's miserable and he wants me to be miserable too. I choose every day whether to get bummed or not. When I feel sad, I listen to good music, surround myself with good things, and think "at least."

No comments: