Wednesday, November 27, 2013

What's On My Mind?

Today, my mind is filled with poetry - thoughts said in few words. Here's what I'm thinking:

My Work
The mason chisels stone 
The sculptor works with clay
I chisel and sculpt my words
Until I find what to say

I mold and scrape and work 
My words until they are just right
My unfinished work spurs me on
Even until late at night

The Definition of an Artist
When thinking of the word “artist”
Singing, and painting come to mind.
But an artist is someone who creates,
And art is undefined.

“I’m not creative” some might say
As they submit a spreadsheet sublime.
“I beg to differ” as they make
Their work to last a long, long time.

Fine art is held by photographers,
Dancers, sculptors and the like.
But don’t count yourself out of artistry,
Just because you can’t chisel with a spike.

All
The word “all” connects 
The widow’s mite with 
The first and great command.

It also connects service
To love
And to giving with an open hand.

“Hold back nothing
And receive everything”
Is the counsel we are told

I open my heart
And give all that I have
Because I want the blessings of old

No comments: