Friday, November 29, 2013

Changes to My Diet in 2014

In 2013 I gave up red meat; I haven't eaten beef since December 2012. I'm not going back. I will continue not to eat beef in 2014 (and probably forever). In addition, I've decided to also make these changes:

-No carbonation
-No HFCS (high fructose corn syrup)

No carbonation is obvious - no soda pop. But I didn't realize how many products besides drinks have HFCS. Here are the foods I like that need substitution:

Stove Top Stuffing - Turkey
Thomas English Muffins
Most Kellogg's cereals
Most Lifesavers candy
Kellogg's Pop-tart's
Nabisco Ritz Crackers
Nabisco Wheat Thins
Cool Whip
Yoplait Yogurt
Nabisco Oreo Pie Crust
Any Oscar Meyer Lunchables that contain bread, breading, or cornmeal

I didn't mention a lot of products that have HFCS. The most important thing will be to check the labeled ingredients before deciding to buy.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I switched off some of these but the main one we NEVER use anymore is cool whip. IT ISNT DAIRY! Who knew? I didnt....so now I go to Aldi and keep whipping cream on hand for those times when I need a whip cream fix!Good luck, it is a hard change to make but worth it in the end!

Unknown said...

I should mention that my account says it is Cris speaking but its not....hahahahaha

Anonymous said...

We went vegetarian 3 years ago and have seen a huge improvement in our health and our bloodwork numbers. We will never go back to eating meat of any kind, nor any of the items on your list. These are harmful to the body in many ways.

I suggest you watch this documentary, "Forks over Knives", showing real proof why one should seriously consider a plant-based diet and get away from an animal-based diet. Eating from the farm is more line with the Word of Wisdom than eating from the factory.