Tuesday, March 18, 2014

My Miracle

Miracles can be big or small
Anyone who knows me might know that I love to iron. I especially love to iron shirts and pillow cases, and think I'm really good at it. To me, I love the smell and feel of crisply ironed pillow cases. Why is ironing a miracle? Because for five years I didn't have the ability (or the energy) to iron and now I do. Yesterday, for the first time in five years, I ironed my pillow cases. To some people it may seem like no big deal, and to others they might say, "Ironing? Yuck!" But the fact that I can once again do something I love is truly a miracle to me.

Miracles happen every day
Do people not acknowledge miracles as such because they don't want to be arrogant? Why is it arrogant to say that you experienced a miracle? Perhaps some people don't want to say the word 'miracle' because they think miracles no longer happen. According to the dictionary a miracle is 'a marvel; wonder', and that exactly defines my ironing experience yesterday.

Notice the wonderful things experienced
I'm sure that everyone has a miracle happen to them every day. Some miracles are big, but many are small. Perhaps the phrase, "Stop and smell the roses" means, "Stop and notice miracles". Maybe a miracle comes from seeing the good instead of the bad (the doughnut not the hole).

Miracles and Gratitude go together
When I experience something wonderful, I'm so grateful! The fact that I could iron yesterday is wonderful and I'm extremely thankful. I'm glad when I get to do or learn things, and, if I give credit where it's due, some of those things are miracles.

Jade's Ironed Pillow Cases
 

No comments: