Friday, March 21, 2014

No More Beef

I knew five years ago that beef was hard on people with MS, but it took me four years to give it up. When I still ate beef I thought things like this:
  • It's too hard. 
  • I won't be able to stick to it. 
  • I like beef too much to give it up. 
  • What will I eat? 
Why didn't I think things like this?:
  • I can do it. 
  • I will stick to it and not quit. 
  • I like other meat too, not eating beef will be okay. 
  • I will eat chicken, pork, turkey & fish, and my options are more than what I will give up.
I haven't eaten beef for over a year and I feel great! Here are some things I did:
  • Not ground beef, but ground turkey.
  • Not beef roast, but pork roast.
  • Not beef ribs, but pork ribs.
  • Not beef burger, but turkey burger.
  • Not steak, but some other kind of meat.
I thought I'd miss beef, but I don't. My experience tells me that 1) It's better to look on the bright side, 2) It's not giving it up to nothing but giving it up to another choice.

    No comments: