Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Caring

Recently, I've been looking at pictures on Pinterest. This habit has caused me to feel and realize things I hadn't thought about or felt in a while. The benefits of Pinterest are: 1) Identifying the style I like - traditional; 2) Realizing that I like flowy dresses (as opposed to form fitting ones;) 3) Discovering what young girls like these days, namely owls and foxes; 4) Noticing that "shabby-chic" is a very popular style; 5) Getting the urge to redecorate my home and make it look more modern so it will be attractive to younger people when we sell it; and 6) Wanting a new wardrobe.

The biggest benefit about Pinterest is that I've started to "care" about how I look. I take the time to do the things about which I used to say, "I don't care." (I had the habit of wanting approval from others, so saying, "I don't care" caused me to break that habit. Here's the truth, I DO care.) Lately, I've taken the time to flat iron my hair, put on makeup, wear accessories, and dress in clothes that match because I feel good when I look good.

About a month ago I realized that there are different colors and textures to black clothes. I always had the opinion that black is black, but I realized that even though certain things had a black color they didn't necessarily blend.

I care about my looks, and my clothes; in a way that I've never before cared. This is goofy but I feel special when I put on makeup, do my hair, and get dressed. I take the time to care for myself now whereas before I didn't, and I think about what to wear instead of just throwing something on.

Why do I look at Pinterest? Because I like it and because it has benefited my life.

No comments: