Tuesday, January 01, 2013

New Year's Eve 2012

I have fond memories of working on puzzles or playing Scrabble at Grandma's while munching on Frito's and watching Dick Clark's Rockin' Eve, donning hats that said Happy New Year and blowing plastic horns at midnight.

To me, staying awake until midnight on New Year's Eve is only fun when 1) being young; 2) attending a party; or 3) celebrating at a dance. Call me a humbug, but I go to bed before midnight and know it will be the new year when I wake. I hear fireworks at midnight, but seeing them isn't enough to tempt me to stay up.

Earlier in the evening, we have our traditional New Year's Eve dinner, including the usual: seafood; a baguette; brie cheese; and red grapes. Although messy, I enjoy it nonetheless.

New Year's Eve dinner, including the usual: seafood; a baguette; brie cheese; red grapes. 
This year we watched Young Frankenstein (hilarious movie) but still had a few hours to wait until midnight. We turned on the TV and watched a few different stations before realizing the programs showed more commercials than the actual program. Per switched the channel to a cable news station so we could see the celebration going on at Times Square in New York City. After watching that for a while (and before midnight,) I stood up and said, "Good night, I'm going to bed."

No comments: