Friday, January 18, 2013

Not Using Facebook

I think I'll stop using Facebook and give people their privacy. I don't want to know who's doing what. I realize that having an account with Facebook is keeping up with the times, but it is also taking up my time when I look at it. I'll still have a Facebook account so people will know how to reach me; but they'll have to send me an email if they want to say something. I'll also still post my blog to Facebook, I just won't go onto Facebook.

I like email. I like that if someone wants to email me...they can, and if I want to read their email...I can. In some cases, email has been replaced by Facebook messages. Facebook has also replaced sending many photos and videos through email. Facebook keeps changing and is telling more and more of peoples activities. I don't want to know what article a person looked at or what picture they're tagged in, and I don't want people to know what I do. (Since I'm going to quit using Facebook, I probably won't get a lot of news about my friends, unless they send me an email.)

I wish people used email as much as Facebook but society progresses and doesn't go backward. I'm going backward for my own sanity. I just want to be myself; not so public.

No comments: