Tuesday, April 01, 2014

Happy April Fools Day

"I'd rather laugh than cry, crying gives me a headache." -Marjorie Hinckley

Today is April Fools Day and I won't trick anyone because if they tricked me back I'd probably start crying! (Because of my disease.) Before I got sick, I loved doing unexpected things and laughing. I still think things are funny but if I laugh too much I'll cry. (Because of my disease.) If someone jumped out from behind a door and scared me I'd probably fall over. The situation is funny but they'd probably feel bad, and hence they'd never do it.

Jokes are funny but they should never hurt anyone. A joke is only funny if both people laugh. I used to do jokes and laugh and never consider the other person's feelings. I'd make a joke, laugh, and sometimes do so at their expense. I'd laugh but they wouldn't. I'd say, "Lighten up" and they would...if they thought it was funny. A joke is relative: some people think it's funny and other's don't. (I'm sure that what I think is funny, some people don't.) But a person's feelings are never relative, and they are more important than a joke. When I make a joke to someone, either I'll laugh with them, or they won't laugh and I'll say, "I'm sorry" because I'll respect them.

Yesterday, I mentioned April Fools Day to someone and heard the best joke. They said to say if you put nylons (pantyhose) over a monitor, TV, iPad, or iPhone the screen would become 3-D. The thought of nylons covering monitors is hilarious to me!!! And the idea of someone putting their phone in a knee-hi cracks me up!! I know that some people won't find that funny, but I do. :)

No comments: