Tuesday, April 29, 2014

My Opportunity to be Brave

Whenever something might upset the other person it's best to distract them then do it quickly. For example:
  • When ripping off a Band-Aid, first think of something nice then, while thinking of it, rip it off as fast as possible.
  • When giving a child a shot, have someone say, "Look at me!" then give 'em the shot as fast as possible and say, "All done! That wasn't so bad now was it?! You were brave!"
  • When a parent drops their child off somewhere and the child starts crying the teacher diverts their attention to something else so the parent can leave.
Per has traveled our entire married life. This has been no big deal to me because I've always been at work. Now that I don't work and am home all the time I miss him when he leaves. My logical mind says, "If he were home he'd be doing his own thing." True. But my emotional mind says, "Yes, but at least he'd be home."

I'm fine during the day because I always have something to do. It's at night (when we hang out) that I distract myself by watching or reading something good. Here's me distracting myself: I'm fine. I'm brave. I can handle anything that comes my way. If the cowardly lion in The Wizard of Oz can have courage I can too.

No comments: