Friday, April 18, 2014

I'm Doing Something Besides Just Complain

The Unified Party
I'm starting my own political party. I'm tired of the two parties we have because both sides are hateful. What America needs is a party that unites not divides. I'm a registered Republican but some of my dearest friends are Democrats. I refuse to not like them just because we have differences.

The last presidential election had so much hate spewing from both sides. Children were crying because people on TV were so mean. I did my duty and voted but I didn't like how my candidate seemed to lower himself just to play a political game. I believe that people can keep their dignity and their ideals because they respect each other.

Do Something or Don't Complain
I'm not political-I don't even like watching the negative news. But I'm not going to do nothing and just complain about things. I believe 'either do something to help or don't complain'. I think a lot of people are like me-they're for unity not division. I will be the change I hope to see in my country. This morning I bought the domain name unifiedparty.org. It may become nothing but at least I did what I could.

I bought the domain, but there are people out there who are a lot smarter than me who can make the site look good. It doesn't just belong to me but to everyone who wants unity. I don't know what the site will contain, all I know is that I took action. I love my country and being American. I love patriotism and freedom. I'm not gonna hide in a corner as if ashamed but will openly declare my love for my country and do all I can.

The Political Game
Perhaps the politics we know has been a game where people lied to get what they wanted. Lying isn't a good political strategy in this digital world when nowadays everything one says is on the internet...most likely YouTube. I'm for honesty. I believe in strategy but I think it can be done honestly.

It seems like the political world in America has gotten too big for its britches. People pridefully seem to consider themselves above others and sometimes even above the law. I think everyone should follow the same rules because without rules there's chaos.

I  believe that we are in some ways the same (humans, male, female, attended the same school, have similar ancestry, believe similar things, etc.) but that our character is what defines us and makes us different. We are unique and individual. We aren't perfect but learn from our mistakes. We all did things when younger that we wouldn't do now that we're older because we learned from our experiences. Let's not hold our mistakes against each other but celebrate that we learned. Let's look at the good not the bad. Let's lift each other not tear each other apart.

Unity Not Hate
When there's good in the world, somewhere there'll be bad. Someone will always say something negative when someone else says something positive. Opposites attract. But I firmly believe that although opposites attract they can work together to make something good. I'm not like my neighbor but I don't hate him; I just know that he does things his way and I do things my way. Although we're different we're friends who want the best for each other. I say, "Enough hate. I want love." I want things that bring people together, not division. Our pledge of allegiance says, "Indivisible", let's not fight each other but only fight the enemy.

No comments: