Sunday, April 27, 2014

Is There Humor in Heaven?

Does God sit on his throne all day with a scowl on his face? I don't know what it's like in heaven but here's what I believe: I think God has a smile on his face. I believe He see's the best in situations and if they're funny, He laughs. He doesn't take our lives too seriously but has a perfect perspective. He never laughs at anyone, He loves us. But I think He laughs at some situations. His optimism makes me optimistic and to want to look at the happy side of life. Life isn't perfect but why not make the most of a bad situation? Make lemonade out of lemons.

I'm a serious person and when I get too serious Per says or does something funny. I appreciate his humor because he gets me to lighten up and to change my mood. I've said this quote before, "I'd rather laugh than cry, crying gives me a headache". I believe that laughing makes things better. I'm not saying that anyone should bury their head in the sand and avoid reality, all I'm saying is that once reality is known I have a choice to either make the most of it (lemonade) or be sad (lemons). Why not go for the sweet instead of the sour? Besides, it tastes better.

I hope there's humor in heaven because I laugh all the time. I'd strongly dislike being in an eternal place where I couldn't look on the bright side and laugh when something's funny.

No comments: