Sunday, April 13, 2014

Standing Strong

I read something today that really hit me, it said, "Don't give in to the pressure of others." It seems like if I don't agree with someone on something they'll pressure (bully) me to believe (or at least accept) what they believe. I won't cave on my beliefs. I'll stand strong even when bullied. I'll respect the individual (and hope they'll respect me) but I'll stand for my beliefs.

When someone bullies me or states the unfairness of something, what good does it do to buy into the drama? I believe what I believe and won't get swayed or angered by what they say. Instead, I won't listen to it and I'll do what makes me feel happy.

Some people these days say things just to get me on their side. Once I'm on their side, they don't care about me anymore. (It might sound negative but it's true.) It's up to me to discern whether or not to follow them; just because they pressure me doesn't mean they're correct. I have a plan for my life and won't get off track because of pressure.

No comments: