Tuesday, July 01, 2014

I Love My Friends!

Friends are the best! I love this statement: 'A friend knows how you are and loves you just the same'. In thinking about my friends, I know that statement is definitely true. I'm a girl who says many words - some might call me a babbling brook. To continue the water analogy my husband is a still lake - he says things in few words. Thankfully, two things have saved me (and him): 1-my journal and 2-my friends.

My journal allows me to "talk" as much as I want and never gets tired of hearing my thoughts. I can write as much as I want and like a pet who just listens it never says anything. That's where my friends come in. As well as being completely myself around them, they listen to me and then we discuss. I love discussions where we all say what we think and sometimes they expand my mind! Again, I'll say it, "Friends are the best!"

(About me: I've always been a deep thinker, as well as one who contemplates and is philosophical. I think about topics and always have something to say when the topic is discussed.)

Regarding friends, this poem is in my High School scrapbook from 30 years ago and at 45 years old I still find this true:

Friendship
Are new friends who are worthy of friendship, to be preferred over old friends? The question is unworthy of a human being, for there should be no surfeit of friendships as there are other things; and, as in the case of wines that improve with age, the oldest friendships ought to be the most delightful; moreover, the well known adage is true: “Men must eat many a peck of salt together before the claims of friendship are fulfilled.”
~Cicero, De Amicita

No comments: