Saturday, July 26, 2014

My New Life

I will continue to update my blog just no post it on Facebook. Facebook was a way for me to reach out to my friends and stay connected to them. I'll still use Facebook but as everyone else does: just posting random things and updating my status here and there. My focus turns to finishing my book about trials and publishing it. After the success of that book, I'll have my books about the eagle, the crab, and the bird illustrated and published.

I look back to five years ago - when first getting sick - how uncomfortable being in the spotlight, calling myself a writer, accepting help, accepting kindness, being nice to myself, and many more things felt. I wanted all those things but just wished for them - not actually believed they'd happen. I  truly believe that I got frustrated often because my thinking was changing and it caused me to change. Now I'm comfortable with those things.

I'm at a crossroad again, staring at the blank canvas of my life - my new normal - and looking out at the open field while wondering where to go. This time I don't feel frustrated or scared, but like an 18 year old person who just graduated from high school and feels the excitement of making their life whatever they will. I go forward with faith and 45 years worth of experience to make my life something wonderful.

No comments: