Tuesday, July 15, 2014

My Computer is Dead!

Technology is both a blessing and a curse. It's a blessing because I have access to many things. It's a curse because I'm so attached to it. I'm willing to wait until Per gets home (three days) and hopefully fixes it. That means I have no computer until then and my blog posts for at least the next three days will be done from my iPad.

It's kind of a relief to have no computer because my time and attention turn to other things instead of me sitting at my computer giving my time and attention to things that don't really matter.

I like being connected to people on Facebook but without my computer I can still be connected by the telephone. Granted, I only stay in touch with my friends and even though Facebook calls people my 'friends' are they really or just acquaintances?

Having no computer gives me a dose of reality. I remember life before Facebook and even technology ... Life when we did things with people, not just chatted with them on FaceTime ... Life when we talked to a physical person, not just texted them ... Life when we had experiences, not just pinned wished experiences to our board.

When I think about it certain technology makes me isolated and lonely. I'm glad that my computer died because if it hadn't I wouldn't have thought about this. Having no computer makes me think this, connect with people in person.

No comments: