Saturday, July 12, 2014

Is It Actually What It Seems?

Drama surrounds me and I'm tempted to get involved but I won't. Instead I'll step back and look at the big picture of what matters. Stepping back gives me perspective. I don't want to be so close to the forest that I can't see the trees. It's not helpful to see only right in front of my face.

The old me used to blame myself for other people's drama. On the outside I appeared very sure but on the inside felt crushed by mean words and actions. Now I'm only one way - the same outside and in. The new me says, "Let those who want drama in their lives have it. I'll be over here." I recognize drama but try my best not to get involved.  A lot of people like drama, they feel useful; what they actually like is solving problems. I say, "Let's solve problems and leave the drama alone".

No comments: