Thursday, February 16, 2012

My New Favorite Show

I've gone too far when I blog about something that isn't real! I dreamed about Downton Abbey, the not-real TV series, all of last night. I have fallen in love with the characters and think about them periodically through out the day.

I saw the series advertised on Netflix and thought I'd watch and maybe like it. Now I've watched the entire season 1 (on Netflix) and season 2 (on the computer at Pbs.com.) I ordered the DVD's for seasons 1 and 2 and anticipate watching them repeatedly like I've watched the Pride and Prejudice movie (of course the one with Collin Firth!)

I thought my movie obsession only related to Jane Austen movies since I've watched Mansfield Park, Sense and Sensability, and Pride and Prejudice several times. I enjoyed the Jane Austen Book Club and have watched Lost in Austen several times. I can't seem to get enough of Jane Austen. I've watched everything that has to do with her books!

I thought I hated romantic movies, but that's not true. I hate gushy love scenes. (Maybe that's why I like Jane Austen movies, because the characters, even when in love, display...propriety.) Downton Abbey is another movie to add to my list of favorites. I enjoy watching movies again and again if I like them. I think the Downton Abbey DVD's will get worn out.

No comments: