Monday, February 20, 2012

What Will I Choose?

There is opposition everywhere. Science even has a theory about it. It says "for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction."

Opposition has existed forever and I see it every day. Right or wrong? Good or bad? Hot or cold? Sweet or salty? Republican or democrat? Liberal or conservative? 99 or 1%? Christian or not? American or something else? Sick or well? Happy or sad? Positive or negative?

The only thing I control is what I choose.

If I focus my time on one side and favor it only, how can I objectively see the point of the other side? Sometimes it's hard to understand the other point of view, but if I want to  make a decision objectively I need to know the viewpoint of both sides.

If I focus on anti things, I will eventually believe them. If I constantly listen to negative people, I will think they make good points - of course they make good points, their purpose is to make me not like the other thing. They may say, "Open your eyes." They want me to be FOR them and AGAINST the other guy. They have their reasons for saying what they do, but I know that when I strip everything away anti = hate.

I don't want to be hateful but good. When people speak of me I want them to say "she's nice" not "she's mean."

I can't sit on the fence and not choose. I need to pick one thing or the other. I pick what feels good to me. I choose white over black, light over darkness and the truth over a lie.

No comments: