Thursday, June 19, 2014

Being In Charge of My Life

These are ways I want to be: Patient, Kind, Loving, Merciful, Virtuous, Full of Faith, Hopeful, Charitable, Nice, Funny, Knowledgeable, Wise, Real, and Honest. I want to be these things and it means being that way at all times; even when I don't want to. Sometimes people rub me the wrong way and my first instinct is anger and to get mad. But is anger anywhere on my list? No. I need to rise above my anger and desire to get mad to be who I want to be.

Mastering my emotions is doing just that, it's rising above the feelings that aren't "me" to being what is "me". What other people say and do is a reflection of them, not me. What they say or do causes feelings in me because it affects my ego. When I say "rise above my feelings" I could say "rise above my ego". I can rise above the feelings that aren't me by not letting my feelings be in control and dictate what I say and do but by me controlling them.

The only feeling that really matters is love. Everyone wants love and everyone wants kindness. Nothing matters except that I love. If someone doesn't hear/see/feel my love, again that's them and doesn't mean I didn't give it. All I can do is be who I want to be and not let my feelings and emotions run the show.

No comments: