Monday, June 09, 2014

Being All I Can Be

I don't do special things, just do the same good things consistently. I don't believe that circumstances of my birth determine my destiny. No! I create my destiny, I decide what to do and I determine who I am. If I want something, I try my best to get it; I do my best, and give my all.

No one or no thing creates my destiny but me; I create my life. If I don't like something (circumstances, character trait, financial situation) I work to change it. I do all I can to make things different not say, "Oh well what can I do? I'll just live with it".

I really, super really want to lose weight for my vacation next year. Maybe my destiny is to be my current weight, and after doing all I can to change it, if it doesn't change then I'll say, "I tried", accept it and be happy. But until I've done everything I can, I'll try to get what I want. I'm not gonna say, "My ancestor's were that way and I will be, too". No! Perhaps they were that way because they didn't do differently Just because they were that way doesn't mean I will be that way.

I want to look back on my life knowing that I tried, not regret that I didn't try at all or that I didn't try my hardest. It takes extra effort from me but it's the price I'm willing to pay to get what I want.

No comments: