Wednesday, June 04, 2014

Consider This...

Everyone has their own opinion. Sometimes people disagree but they can still be friends because of respect.

I used to have more narrow thinking and saw only my way. MS forced me to look at my life in a different way-I stepped back and considered my life with a bigger view. (When I think about it every trial has forced me to step back and has enlarged my view.) I've had MS for almost six years now and my thinking today is much different now than before getting sick.

I feel confident enough with my own beliefs to consider another point of view. Most of the time when I do, it reinforces my beliefs and I realize what they believe 'is what it is', and is out of my control to change-I may be able to influence them with my words but they're gonna believe what their gonna believe. I can either accept our differences, respect them, and be their friend knowing they think differently than me, or I can complain about the unfairness, or force them to think like me. Whatever I do is what I chose.

I don't say things to make people think like me. I just want to express myself and hope my words are 'considered'. Again, I don't say things to make people think like me. I just want to express myself and hope my words are 'considered'. Some people might disagree with what I say but I hope they will respect me and that we can be friends.

I read this poem last night and it seems to fit my words so well:

A WIDENING VIEW

When my eyes first opened
Behind the viewfinder,
There in closeup
Was a flower
The only possible flower.

Who turned the lens
for the pullback?
Life, I guess.
What
Another flower?
And another?
A field alive with flowers.
(The only possible field?)

Loss.
Delight.

Borders are forever gone.
Life is at the lens.
The view goes on
And on.

(Pearson, Carol Lynn, "A Widening View", Beginnings and Beyond, Utah: Cedar Fort, 2005. 46. Print)


No comments: