Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Giving Unconditional Love is Sometimes Hard

My cat isn't perfect, but you take the good with the bad. She came in my office today and meowed. I said, "Kitty I'm mad at you" and didn't want to pet her. A thought flashed in my mind saying, "Love is loving even when you're mad". I petted my cat and thought about how withholding my love when I'm mad is so mean. I thought about all the things I love about her (her soft fur, that she meows at me, herself) and how sad I'd feel if she wasn't in my life.

Thankfully she seems to not notice my bad behavior because she comes to me even when I'm mad. She demands to be in my life and I pet her because I know she'll just meow. If only people were like cats. When a person isn't shown love they sooner or later get fed up and don't keep demanding love. They just go where they do feel love and sometimes aren't willing to give another chance that could hurt them more. Humans could take a lesson from both my cat and me; Cat: give another chance, Me: love even when you're mad.

No comments: