Saturday, June 14, 2014

Laughter is Truly the Best Medicine

Thank goodness for humor because otherwise I'd be serious. I have a serious personality and sometimes when I get too intense Per says something funny to lighten my mood. I am soooo grateful for humor! I love these quotes on humor, they are so true:

  • You can turn painful situations around through laughter. If you can find humor in anything, even poverty, you can survive it. -Bill Cosby
  • Humor is mankind's greatest blessing. -Mark Twain
  • Like a welcome summer rain, humor may suddenly cleanse and cool the earth, the air and you. -Langston Hughes
  • A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road. -Henry Ward Beecher
  • Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not; a sense of humor to console him for what he is. -Francis Bacon
  • A well-developed sense of humor is the pole that adds balance to your steps as you walk the tightrope of life. -William Arthur Ward
  • A sense of humor is a major defense against minor troubles. -Mignon McLaughlin
  • Humor is the weapon of unarmed people: it helps people who are oppressed to smile at the situation that pains them. -Simon Wiesenthal
  • If you could choose one characteristic that would get you through life, choose a sense of humor. -Jennifer Jones
  • As we look for humor... we can endure hardship and trial. We can say, as did my mother, “Come what may, and love it.” -Joseph B. Wirthlin
  • Find happiness in ordinary things, and keep your sense of humor. -Boyd K. Packer

If I didn't have humor I'd get offended so easily. Some situations are funny to me and all I can do is laugh. My favorite quote is by Marjorie Hinckley, she said: "In life you can either laugh or cry. I'd rather laugh, crying gives me a headache." If my choices are to either laugh or cry, laugh or get mad, laugh or feel offended then I'd rather laugh.

No comments: