Sunday, June 15, 2014

'What I Say' and 'What I Do' Need to Match

I complained to my husband and he said, "But you're the same way so you really can't complain". His comment made me stop and think Yeah, why is it that I do that?  He's so right, I do the same thing and have no right to speak against it. On one hand I believed, "If you don't try to fix it then don't complain" and on the other hand I did the opposite.

I think many people do that; their beliefs relate to other people but not to them. (I was part of that group until he pointed it out and I realized I wanted to change.) Change means 'Do differently'. I know I can change, not just recognize it but actually do it. I want to improve, therefore I'm willing to make corrections and acknowledge the truth.

It takes honesty and courage to change. Honesty to acknowledge the truth; courage to indeed change. It's a private thing (change) but what the public sees is improvement and a better person than before. Is it obvious that I'm psyching myself up to change?

No comments: