Wednesday, June 18, 2014

I've Heard Good Advice

Grandma always said, "Put it back where it goes" and I didn't want to because I wanted to put it right here. She said that so when I went to use it again it'd be there. Her words have helped me many times. (Most people aren't disorganized or forgetful, they just don't put things back where they go.)

I remember hearing 'Everything has a place and everything in it's place'. As a mature adult I see the wisdom in those words. As a young person I thought Ugh! and Blah, blah, blah... A mom knows what she has because she knows where things are and she tells her family members, 'Put it back'. It could be considered either 'nagging' or 'teaching good habits'. As a kid I thought nagging but as an adult I think the other.

Moms don't nag, they help; hopefully, one day their family members will see that. Don't tune Mom out when she speaks but listen to what she says ... her advice will establish good habits.  I'm grown and my kids are too. Now I'm older and say, 'If you don't want to lose it put it back where it goes.'

No comments: