Wednesday, May 07, 2014

I Wanted My Books!

Books are like friends - they come in all shapes and sizes. Some have dust covers, and some don't. Some speak of right now, and some speak of what could be. Some give information, and some give imagination. Some books are really thick, and some are really thin. Whatever they are, I love them all.

I love books! There's a genre I prefer but I have other genres too. I like non-fiction but I have some fictional novels as well. I lean towards books that inspire or teach but sometimes I don't want to learn, I just want to curl up with a good book and let the author take me on an adventure.

My books were in storage for a year and I wanted them so much that I came up with a plan to get them back. (They went to storage because I packed them so we could move. But I don't want to move until after 2015 so I wanted them back!) A lot of them were on shelves in the living room before, but the shelves have other things on them now so we put book cases in my office and brought all my books here! (I'm so happy!)

There's space in my office to have a comfy chair by the bookshelves so I can sit and read. (The chair is great too because whenever someone comes in my office they'll have a place to sit so we can chat! How great is that?!!) It's a win-win, two things I love 1) my books, 2) people.

Here is a picture of my bookshelves.
Half the books are on the shelves, and the other half are in boxes in the hallway for now. There's space for one more shelf to be squeezed in sideways between the filing cabinet and the shelves already there. The extra shelf (that's different from the ones shown here) is downstairs in the family room and just needs to be cleared off and brought upstairs (bonus: it's not being used!) My comfy chair will go by the black shelves. It will be awesome when it's finished!

No comments: