Tuesday, May 20, 2014

My Last Handwritten Journal

I came across the last journal I ever hand wrote (from Oct 6, 2009 to March 21, 2010). It's not very long so I decided to transcribe it to MSWord. (Also, the typed words are easier to read.) During this journal is when I decided to write online. I stopped writing for months in 2010 (because I hated my handwriting), but eventually I decided to write online because I missed the therapeutic force I felt from writing in my journal.

I thought I missed hand writing but it turns out that I missed expressing myself. There are many ways to write and I learned that writing online meant just as much to me as writing with a pen. Yes, I miss my handwriting but I'm grateful that I can still write even though I no longer hand write.

Maybe my handwriting wasn't supposed to last for my entire life. I was happy with hand writing in my journal because I'd done it for years, but I have to say that now that I've written online for years, I like writing electronically so much better. Why? Because I can backspace a word and say what I truly mean (nothing is ever set in stone), because I can go back and edit technical flaws (editing is never done!), and because I can write either from my computer or from my iPad (I don't have to be in a certain place).

Like I said before, sometimes I miss my nice handwriting but life evolves and we progress. I'm just glad that I can say what's on my mind.

No comments: